Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Their World, January 2014

"Their World" is a project that I've joined with some other moms/photographers/bloggers, with the goal of capturing our children, together, doing what they normally do. In their world. 

I want photos of all four of them together.

Doing what they do.

I spend so much time photographing other families, put so much care into editing the images, and so much effort into telling their stories. I want to be more deliberate in photographing my own children and recording their stories.

Our stories.

I blogged all of, what, three times last year? It makes me cry to think of all the little frustrating and funny and sweet and wonderful moments that I didn't record. But this is a new year and I think this project is exactly what I need to motivate/push/force me to blog.

Since I didn't join this circle until last week, I'll be reaching back to the end of last year for my first two images, but then my goal will be to post one image from each week. One image with all four kids.

I will award myself bonus points for getting either or both kittens in a shot.

big snow - 12.20.2013

Christmas Eve - 12.24.2013

Andrew's family birthday, 5 years old (and the beginnings of H1N1 for Liam) - 01.03.2014

Andrew's party with friends... and Grandma (who brings gifts for everyone) - 01.20.2014

Museum of Science on the day Grandma left - 01.23.2014

If you enjoyed these, Jude is next. She has an absolutely magical way of seeing her children.

2 comments:

  1. All so great!! Happy to join you on this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super great moments! I love the expressions of your children especially the first images!

    ReplyDelete

Comments satisfy my need for validation. LEAVE ONE!